Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, June 20, 2011

6.20.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo


Here are some pics. A meter long burrito . . .

It was 57.7 degrees Celsius here a few days ago. That´s 135.8 degrees Fahrenheit.

Spiritual experience--

We were having a slow day. 3 of our planned appointments had fallen through and we were working in the heat, walking to another neighborhood. E. Rivas and the youth that was with us were talking, and I was thinking about what we could do in order to teach someone that day. That was when I immediately turned to my right and saw a house with a car in the driveway. Without thinking, I walked over. Honestly, I wasn´t thinking. I guess the Spirit was doing the work. I´ve heard that happens sometimes in the mission. My companions followed me and I knocked on the door. Immediately we were greeted with the Mexican equivalent of "Come in!" and we were welcomed in by a middle aged woman to immediately offered us water and told her son to turn off the TV so they could listen to us. We were completely surprised and I was amazed. We sat down, we began to talk, and then to teach. I don´t have time for details, but in the course of the lesson, the woman actually said "Where did I come from, why am I here, and where do I go after I die" in the lesson. The 3 questions that the Plan of Salvation answer. She said them straight out. More details later.

AHHHH no TIME

Elder Humbert

No comments: