Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, June 6, 2011

6.6.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo


I give you the chiltepin, the hottest chile in Sonora, and in Mexico, the second behind the habanero. There was a record in the mission that another elder ate 25. I ate 31. Boo yah. That´s me after all of them. And it wasn´t even that bad. At least, according to me. All the other people there say I´m crazy because I like spicy things so much. None of them made it past 2. That happened after a family home evening, by the way.

I got my package on Tuesday because I got to go to the Offices for a meeting of all the zone leaders and about half of the district leaders of the mission. It was incredible. Only I went, and E. Rivas stayed in the area with another missionary, and we were in the offices and stake center next to the offices for a full one and a half days learning about how to improve our zones and districts. Geez have I missed being a student, instead of being a teacher. They´re both great, but wow, I´ve missed that. We also got to go to the temple afterwards. I understood more Spanish this time than the first time, and it was awesome. I prayed there and got a lot of answers I´ve been looking for, like revelation for the area.

Also, I conducted my first baptismal interview a few weeks ago. Did I already say that? But yeah. It was interesting. Like I´ve already said, at times I think about the importance of baptism, and how this is absolutely the ONLY way people can enter into the kingdom of God. I feel weighted down sometimes with that. It´s . . . interesting, like I said.

No comments: