Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, September 12, 2011

9.12.11 -- Navojoa, Mexico

Hoo rah,


Hey, the birthday was cool. Guess what we celebrated with? Missionary work and teaching lessons! YEAH! Also, we had more success this week, so I think God chose to give me a birthday present. That´s cool.


But we did celebrate another day. It was nice.


But my camera doesn´t want to upload pictures. Lame.


We´re teaching a youth right now. When we first got there, he was a typical rebellious teenager, but it´s amazing how fast his appearance has changed. Every time we visit, we leave a story from the Book of Mormon and he reads every one. I love that. Especially when he tells the story back to us.


E. Villa got transferred to Nogales. I´m now with E. Cheron, my old district leader a few days ago. Good guy.


I got bit by a dog for the first time this week. A mutt about the size of my thigh, it pretty much just applied pressure to my Achille´s tendon until I kicked it off. No damage, although it did freak me out.


Remember the family I found in Hermosillo with E. Rivas? I got the news yesterday. They were baptized on Sunday. I am not ashamed to say that I cried (hey, but not like bawling my eyes out crying) when I found out. Gah, that made me feel good.


Sounds like everyone is having success--awesome.


I still remember 9/11. I was at Pershing when I found out, even if I didn´t understand. The world is still messed up, but hey, we knew that that was going to happen. But it´ll improve dramatically when He arrives. But who knows when that is going to happen.


I don´t have much time (again, I´m sorry, I know, but we had to do a bunch of stuff for transfers today), but one more thing before I go. I read my patriarchal blessing a few days ago, and I saw something new. I obviously won´t go into too much detail, but it said that the "counsel of the brethren will have a special ring, a special meaning" to me. I took that, thought about it, and started to read one conference talk every day. It´s amazing how much I´ve learned in just a few days.


Read your patriarchal blessing. It works.


Adios


Elder Humbert


P.S. Shaun Kouriri, I still need your address

No comments: