Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, September 19, 2011

9.19.11 -- Navojoa, Mexico




Hey,

Here´s a pic of E. Cheron (great comp, by the way) and E. McKenna. E. Mckenna is the guy that was with E. Rivas when my family got baptized. Yeah, I call them my family. When he showed me the pictures, I actually did bawl my eyes out. But not too much. Haha, he also said it was hard for him to win over the members in Hermosillo after I had been there for so long and had known so many people.

Mexican Independence day the 15th. Check out the other elders.

This is also what happens when you have a bunch of cut out pictures and too much time on P-Day.

I go to Hermosillo and the mission home once a month now, for Zone Leader´s meeting with Pte. We´re going next week, I think.

I´m glad to hear all the news from home. I read everything, remember, I just don´t respond. Thanks for always writing, Mom. And other people would do well to write too.

A few experiences. We had Zone Conference this week, and I talked for almost all of it--I´m "training" E. Cheron to be a ZL. But it doesn´t mean anything, remember. It´s very strange to have 16 other missionaries looking at you and thinking you have answers to their problems when I don´t know the answers to my own. In fact, I don´t even know some of the questions that I have . . . yeah, it´s abstract, but it works. But it was cool. Having the Spirit teach through you in Spanish for almost an hour straight is kind of awesome.

And it happened again on Sunday. E. Cheron and I both talked, and when I got to the pulpit, I looked down at my notes, looked up, and started talking. I didn´t use half of what I had prepared. The Spirit was present the whole time. I talked of how love is the motive of missionary work, like how you (mom) always took us to Church every week as kids because you loved us and knew it was for our good. And like in missionary work, because you really loved us, it didn´t matter how much you had to do to bring us to the Gospel. That doesn´t mean we should obligate anyone, and we shouldn´t, but it also means that if really love someone, you won´t have the fear to open your mouth and introduce them to the Gospel (Moroni 8:16).

One more thing. I shared my BYU experience of praying before and after every test with a different youth this week. He told us he remembered my experience one of his tests in the week, prayed, and got a better score he had dreamed of. He then continued to bear his testimony of the Book of Mormon. Gah I was happy after that. Unfortunately I don´t have time to include the other details

Elder Humbert

No comments: