Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, September 12, 2011

9.5.11 -- Navojoa, Mexico


Hey,


Quick quick quick. Lots of emails that I had to write.


A massive grasshopper. Strangely, they can´t jump too high. And they are SLOW.


By the way, there´s Chinese food here too. It tastes exactly the same, and strangely reminds me of home.

Yeah, the Book of Mormon is kind of powerful. That´s what happens when it comes straight from God instead of through everyone else´s hands first.

The family that I found in the last area were the same. The mom was testifying of it after just reading the Introduction. I talked with my old Zone Leaders last week--they´re getting baptized soon. Awesome.

I´ve been thinking about that lately. The whole "found" thing. Almost every single person that I have helped convert (I didn´t do the converting) would have joined the Church no matter who would have taught them, as long as they weren´t really bad teachers. At times, that reminds me of how I´m just a tool in the Lord´s hands, and nothing special, and also reminds me of how prepared some people are. But then again, maybe I did do something else. I don´t know. But it doesn´t really matter, as long as the work is done and people are helped.

I got sick this week, again. And it wasn´t from being dehydrated. I had a fever, and couldn´t eat anything. But I asked E. Villa to give me a blessing, and he did. During the blessing, I received a strong impression that I would only be sick for that day. I physically felt exactly the same (not too great), and still had a fever. But I kept reminding myself of that throughout the day. We went home, and I rested, sweating even with the air conditioning, and being hot but not sweating when I was outside. It wasn´t too fun.

I woke up the next morning, sprang out of bed, and then went and worked as though nothing had happened the day before. Yeah. Cool.

I wondered why I got sick, but I then had a chance to give a blessing to someone else later in the week. I gave one to a young woman who had recently been having siezures. We gave her the blessing, and I once again felt the same feeling. The Spirit was felt.

The next day we went back and she was completely fine. God had given me a chance to strengthen my own faith in order to help another person. Awesome.


Time.


Elder Humbert

No comments: