Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, May 30, 2011

5.30.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo


Hey, check it out. I know how to make tortillas by hand.

It was 113 degrees a few days ago. And this is just the start. And yes, we work anyway.

I ate menudo (or cow stomach) for the first time this week. I liked it. Slightly chewy, but really tender.

E. Rivas and I were walking down the street the other day when a man in a van drove by, leaned out of the window, and yelled out, "Hey! I´m reading that book you guys gave me!" and then E. Cancino and I had contacted him months ago. Haha, I felt like laughing and yelling out "Thank you!" at the sky after that. I didn´t. But I sure felt like it.

Quickly--we recieved a member referral this week, and went to go teach the young man who the referral turned out to be. He was super receptive--at the beginning of the visit, he began to talk about change, and repentance, and a ton of other things that have to do with the gospel. E. Rivas and I looked at each other, nodded, and began to go right into baptism. He accepted when I said, "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" Not only did he accept, but he´s ecstatic. We went back the next day and he had read the two pamphlets we left and is in 1 Nephi 8, after reading the entire introduction and testimony of Joseph Smith. Geez, I felt good after that.

We´re getting into a rhythm now, which is great--although geez, I feel weighed down sometimes. By that, I mean the times that I fully comprehend the importance of the work. Then I pray and keep working. Gah this is hard sometimes. But that´s okay.

Love you all,

Elder Humbert

No comments: