Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2.20.12 -- Huatabampo

Hey,
Andre, thanks for writing me. My response from your last email was sent today. It cost 3 bucks, by the way. I love to hear about home--I´m really thankful for the news, man. Say hi to everyone for me, and tell Axel BOOOYAAHHHHH GO GIANTS
2 things. The first is that I got to go to Villa Juarez to teach the youth in E. Cheron´s branch how to make pizza. It was great, even though everything went crazy when the youth started grabbing the dough and tried to make everything. Enthusiasm is cool, but we finished with E. Tovar saying "I only want 3 kids now. That´s it." Unfortunately, my memory card is full, so I´ll have to get the pictures later. But it was great. The church in Mexico is different--E. Cheron is the president of the branch, the youth, and almost every other organization. Crazy.
The second. We had gotten home one night and we were planning. We heard a knock on the door. It was 9:40, or something, but there on our doorstep was the husband of one of the sisters from the branch. He´s Catholic (just like almost EVERYONE in Mexico), and likes us, but isn´t too excited about listening about the gospel. But he looked worried. He told us to come out with him, so we went. He had come with his wife from the hospital--she was sick, and needed a blessing. She and her mother were both there. She couldn´t move from the front seat of the minivan (she´s walking now, though), so we climbed in and gave her a priesthood blessing, with E. Olguin arms and mine trying to find a way around the head cushions. There, in the middle of the street at night. I anointed and E. Olguin blessed. When we started, everything seemed like it went silent. We finished, and we both glanced over at the husband and mom. The mom is a member, by the way. They were both silent, but both had tears on their faces. They thanked us, but didn´t say very much more before leaving. We all felt the Spirit. The husband still isn´t the most receptive, but everyone there either received or renewed their testimony of the priesthood that night. She´s doing fine now.
"Therefore, in the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest. And without the ordinances thereof, and the authority of the priesthood, the power of godliness is not manifest unto men in the flesh;" -- D&C 84:20-21
Adios
Elder Humbert

No comments: