Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, February 13, 2012

1.30.12 Huatabampo




Hey,

Football face.

And by the way--everything we learn is just a reminder. We all learned everything in the Spirit world about God´s Plan and knowledge, we just get reminded of it by the Spirit here on Earth. But the difference is that we have bodies and we´re not in the presence of God (or right now we´re in the field instead of the MTC), so we learn a little bit more than before.

I was thinking about the Spanish ward the other day as well. I´m going to be honest, the Gospel is never going to sound the same in English. I plan on attending the Spanish ward at least 2 times a month when I get home--I also do NOT want to forget Spanish. That is a massive blessing that I do not want to lose.

The week--E. Cirne and E. Garcia baptized a small family this week. The family is super excited and is going to help the branch in Etchojoa a lot. Along with a woman that E. Cheron baptized in Villa Juarez--I interviewed her, and she passed with flying colors.

I taught Gospel Principles this week, on agency. It was cool--and also doubled in size because the teacher of the youth didn´t come. It´s strange, teaching so many people and having them pay attention. I love feeling the Spirit.

Oh, and I haven´t had a fridge for a month. But we do have electricity. And hunger.

We had Zone Conference with Pte. this week. He all invited us to breakfast beforehand--fish tacos (Mexican breakfast normally isn´t cereal--it´s more like bacon and eggs). We were all eating, with the waitress going crazy because she had never seen so many people in her . . . I guess the right word would be restaurant. And because we were eating so much. Pte. was eating, looked around, and suddenly said, "E. Humbert, you´re the only American in the entire zone!" Yeah. Kind of weird. I´m outnumbered. Good thing I´m not racist.

We got to teach in the meeting--E. Olguin about the role of the Spirit in conversion, and me about setting a baptismal date-- and were also interviewed. I won´t say everything, but Pte looked at me at one point and said (I don´t know what we were talking about before hand), "If you look for it, I promise you that you will see the semblance of Jesus Christ in the face of the people. Do you love the people?" I nodded and said that I did. "I promise you that you can do it. Look for it. Don´t see people. See their potential." (See D&C 67:10)

Spiritual week. Talk to you all later--

Elder Humbert

Also look up 1 Nephi 14: 12,14. We are few, but we´re fighting

No comments: