Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

3.28.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo

Anyway, the pictures. The first is a picture of a family home evening we had with our recent convert and her family and some members from the ward. We would have done the same with Victor (it´s okay if I say his name becuase I´ve already said it, although I´m going to have to start being more confidential in the future. I don´t think people like it when their stories are published on the Internet with their name attached), but he´s single and doesn´t live with his kids. Although he did receive the priesthood last Sunday. Gah, I love that man. He always smiles back when I smile at him. Which is often. Even though he wasn´t very smiley in his baptismal picture. The other photos are of the Cathedral in downtown of Hermosillo and a bill board close to our house. If you can´t already tell, it says "CHRIST RETURNS! 21 OF MAY 2011!" Gah, that makes me laugh.

But this week, we unfortunately did not have any baptisms. But that´s okay. There will be more. My Spanish is better, even though I still know nothing, and my teaching continues to improve. Even though I still want to be better.

And I´ve only gone to the temple once.

One more rambling thought before time runs out. God is eternally progressing, but is perfect and complete at the same time. That´s possible becuase He "progresses" through us, His children, even though He has already reached perfection. He´s happy when we´re happy, and sad when we´re sad. I don´t want to say that I am in any way perfect, but I finally can understand God´s joy when He sees that His children are progressing. I´m happy when I see my investigators progress towards baptism, and I´m ECSTATIC when they are finally baptized. I finally understand the phrase, "This is my work and my glory . . ." I would explain more, and more eloquently, but I´m out of time this week. Adios!


Elder Humbert


No comments: