Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, April 25, 2011

4.25.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo

Spiritual experiences - we have two investigators right now that are going to be baptized the end of this transfer. One, a man who is about 40 years old, is awesome. He´s the man we gave the blessing to a couple weeks ago (have I already written about that?), and his entire countenance has already changed. He reads everything, he asks if he can pray at the end of every lesson, and he epitomizes the awesomeness of "chosen" investigators. Gah, I love teaching people.

But unfortunately, this week was almost completely dead for us. The week before Easter, called Semana Santa or Holy Week, is a week full of traditions here. Meat is not sold certain days, the Catholic Churches are working like crazy, and everything. Unfortunately, many people also go to the beach because it´s a vacation week. So our area was completely dead. I felt like I was Will Smith in I Am Legend. No joke. Really creepy.

We also got to see a few E. Holland talks this week in meetings. Let me share a poem cited by him really quick -
--
Come to the edge!
No! We´ll fall.

Come to the edge!
No! We´ll fall.

Come to the edge!
So we went to the edge.
And He pushed us.

And we flew.
--
Read that, along with Ether 12:27, and think about it.

Time is short. I love you all. Adios

Elder Humbert

No comments: