Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4.11.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo

But yeah. As for my week, I talked again on Sunday, and I found out that I would be doing it on Friday night. It´s nice to know I can write a 10 minute talk in Spanish in only a few hours. Maybe I´m getting better at Spanish. Who knows.

Thank Bishop Weight for me again, please. I love letters and emails.

But as for a spiritual experience this week, I was on exchanges with one of my zone leaders. We were teaching a young man (well, like me. He´s 18), who is the son of a member, about the Plan of Salvation. He said he will be baptized when he receives an answer about the truthfullness of the message. When we were teaching him, he understood everything, and we began to talk about understanding the promptings and whisperings of the Spirit. We asked him how he felt--he said he felt good. We asked him if the Plan of Salvation felt familiar to him--he said it did. He looked at us, and I began to speak. Gah, I felt the Spirit. I explained that that familiarity, that recognition, is the Spirit reminding him of how the Plan was presented to him before this life, in the pre-mortal world. He looked surprised, but he understood. We asked him, "Do you believe that this message is true?" He bowed his head, and then looked back at us. "Yes."

Gah, that felt so good. It´s so easy to love people when they do their part--read, pray, and go to church. It´s so easy because you know that God will bless them for their faith, since they are demonstrating it through their works. The only challenge is loving the people that don´t. But there´s always room to improve, right?

And I am so glad that there are more less actives in the Church. I think about my converts, and I think about the role that members have in helping them endure to the end. I think about that, and it makes me so sad when people choose to stop going to Church. I think about that, and how easy it is to help them. Gah, all they need is to be talked to, or visited, or something. Alma 37:6-7 --Not much is needed. Please help the missionaries at home. You have no idea how important the members are in the work if you haven´t been on a mission. Ha, I know that, even though I still know nothing about the work . . .
Elder Humbert

No comments: