Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, May 16, 2011

5.9.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo

Update:
We talked to Brok on Mother's Day. He was receiving a new companion to train the next day and being called to district leader. He still sounded upbeat and confident about it. And, he still remembered some English!

His letter:

So yeah, I met my new companion today. He´s Elder Rivas, from Mexico City, and he´s 24 years old. Haha, yeah. We´re going to learn together, since I don´t really know anything yet. Also, apparently the First Presidency has a new missionary training program--we´re a part of it. A few details is that we´re going to start having at least 2 hours of companionship study, and we´re going to be together for 2 transfers. The program is so that by the end of the 3 months, the new missionaries will know everything they need to in order to do anything in the mission, whether be senior companion, trainer, district or zone leader, or asistant. I´m going to need to lean on the Lord´s arm a lot more now, since I still know absolutely nothing. This is going to be interesting.

By the way, I´m staying in Satélite. Also, E. Roberts is training as well. E. Cancino went to Obregon.

Also, even though the 2 baptisms we had scheduled this past week didn´t work out (the good news is that we have 3 coming up in this next week), I got to baptize an investigator of the sister missionaries. Good stuff. I don´t know her, but I love the look on people´s faces after being baptized. I asked her, "How do you feel?" She just put her face in her hands and shook her head. She mumbled something through her tears, but I couldn´t understand. Yeah. She was happy.

We found some youth last week, like I said, and we´re woking with the Young Men´s program a lot right now. We took the youth to mutual the past week, where a few of them had the opportunity to talk with the Bishop. Not to be interviewed, just to get to know him. I was at the drinking fountain when one of the youth, a young man, left the Bishop´s office with a "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet in his hand and suddenly asked me, "What do I need to do to get baptized?" Yeah, I almost spat water everywhere. I didn´t, but almost. Yeah, I feel good for these next few weeks.

The woman who we baptized a month ago is going to talk in Church this next week. Awesome. She is SMART.

Ah, no time. Adios.

Elder Humbert

No comments: