Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Monday, May 2, 2011

5.2.11 -- Satelite, Hermosillo

We went to the zoo this week as a district. Good stuff. Yes, Jen, I´m still writing every week, and it´ll add up when I finally send the letter. I feel like watching the Lion King.

We have been incredibly blessed this week. It seems like the dead-ness of the past 2 weeks has resulted in an overflow this week. We have found a TON of people to teach, and they are all progressing. One investigator is already choosing the hymns to sing in his baptism.

We also had an activity with the youth this week. We organized a night where we watched the Joseph Smith movie. Afterwards, every person shared their testimony. The youth here amaze me--every single one has a strong testimony of the Prophet. But let me talk in detail.

A young woman who has been a little inactive lately came to the activity. She didn´t share her testimony at first, but I got up, bore mine, and read D&C135:3. I think that´s the verse. E. Cancino then got up and asked every one to close their eyes. He then began to remind them--"Think of the first time you can remember praying to your Father in Heaven. Remember the first time you asked Him for a testimony. Think of this, think of it." He then continued to cite a scripture in D&C--I need to clarify the reference, but it talks of how if God has answered us once with a testimony, his answer will never change. The youth then opened their eyes.

The young woman slowly raised her hand. She asked if she could bear her testimony. She began to speak of how she´s recently had doubts, about God, about the Church. But she then began to speak of one night when she asked God in prayer if He was really there. He answered. The details are for her to share.

She was in tears by the end, and I felt the Spirit so strongly. It was amazing.

No time

Adios

Elder Humbert

No comments: