Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

10.31.11 -- Huatabampo



Boo,


School buses from the US are constantly being shipped down here because they get too dirty for school kids. But city bus drivers are fine with them. Also, they don´t get confused with the school buses here. . . . oh wait. Mexican school buses don´t exist.


I would send more photos but Firefox is being difficult. The other photos were of a little kid I met in Navojoa (I was helping him pose for the camera when I told his family goodbye) and of the district. The photo is horrible, since there are a ton of people with their eyes closed and looking weird, but there´s E. Ramirez and E. Perez (in Etchojoa), E. Cruz (my comp), E. Mooney and E. Rivera (the other companionship in Huatabampo). Almost all of us are brand new in our areas. E. Cruz is the only one that knows the area, and everyone else is opening up their areas. It´s going to be a little different now, since we´re in branches instead of wards, and we have an even greater effect on the Church here. We´re working hard and we have the goal of making our branches the most united in the church district. But it isn´t a competition.


Mexicans don´t normally celebrate Halloween, but they do celebrate Día de los Muertos (or Day of the Dead) the first two days of November. I don´t know what´s going to happen, but I bet there will be even more people drinking than usual. Also, more food. That was not an implication that everyone in Mexico drinks. Although there are many people that do so.


Huatabampo is tiny and the furthest south in the mission. A few of the tiny villages we visit are almost on the border with Sinaloa. But it´s not as hot and the city is nice because we only have to walk about 5 minutes before arriving downtown. Okay, that´s an exaggeration, but it´s almost true.


E. Cruz has got to be one of the funniest Mexicans I have ever met. He´s also very driven. He broke his foot in the mission and has a limp because it healed the wrong way. But he still works. Good stuff.


I´m sorry for not having much material this week, but I promise more next time. I hope you´re all doing well, and I love you all.


Elder Humbert

No comments: