Hoo Rah!

Hey. Welcome to my mission blog. If you're interested in keeping in touch with me via mail, check out my address(es) on the right side of the page. If you're too lazy to do that, go ahead and read the posts below.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12.26.11 -- Huatabampo





We made little wooden cars and painted them for a few investigators of E. Mooney and E. Tovar for Christmas. Also, I look kind of weird in the picture, but I gave a tie to the mentally handicapped son of one of the families in Huatabampo. He was happy when he went to Church. E. Gonzalez and E. Mooney did as well.

I have to write about 2 things. Let´s see if I have time.

We got a call in the morning 2 days ago from a member in Hermosillo. A youth there had died of leukemia and was going to be buried in his home town, 1 hour away from Huatabampo. He told his mother that he always wanted the missionaries to be at his funeral. So, we checked with Pte, he said ok, and we got a ride from the family (they had come all the way from Hermosillo with the body) to the town.

We arrived, and everyone turned to look at the 4 people in suits, 2 of them American, with the family surrounding an open white casket beneath a few tarps in the backyard of the family. I´ll have to tell the entire story next week, but the mother of the deceased looked at us. I had no idea what to do. I stepped up and asked her if it would be okay to sing a few hymns, say a few prayers, and bear a few testimonies. She said yes. For some reason, she had complete confidence in us. The other elders and I went off to one side and I had to organize a funeral service there on the spot. With the ENTIRE family looking at us, we then came back, and held a funeral service. Details will follow. But it´ll just have to suffice for now that each of us bore our testimonies of the Savior and His Ressurrection. I shared Mosiah 16:7-9 near the end, and looking in the eyes pf everyone there, I testified.

I know that Christ lives. I know he was born more than 2000 years ago. I know that we will die not as He died, but we will live as He lives, for what He did so long ago.

I don`t know if they felt the Spirit as I did, but I know that My Redeemer Lives.

Merry Christmas. The complete story, and the other, will follow next week. But I´m 20 years old. And for some reason that I cannot fathom, people trust in us to do things that so many people would never do. I´m 20 years old, and I just conducted a funeral service. God works in some mysterious ways.

Adios,

Elder Humbert

No comments: